BlueFlyer is a 49’ Jenneau yacht from Sandringham YC, currently sailing up the east coast of Australia with club members Cheryl and Peter Sutton as crew. Peter has dropped us a line to fill us in on news of the journey so far.
Catch up - Up North
||Obviuosly enjoying warmer weather than us, some of our MMYC travellers caught up in Mackay yesterday when Peter and Cheryl aboard Blueflyer arrived. Des, Dianne and Dee Dee just happened to be enjoying the view off the break water when the yacht arrived and it wasn't long before they'd hooked up.|
Wave Baffle News
Just to let you know that we met with Parks Victoria today, Tuesday July 12. The meeting was a very positive meeting and is summarised as follows:
- Parks Victoria will have appointed a contractor by the end of the month to complete a design and construct contract for the installation of wave baffles at the mouth of the creek
- The new concrete and steel baffles will replace the existing timber baffles
- Parks Victoria are confident that the project can be completed within their $1M budget.
- The contractor is expected onsite by early August and they hope to have the project completed by the end of October (weather and contractor dependent)
- The construction is expected to be undertaken from land thus minimising the impact to vessels using the creek
- The wave baffles are expected to have a 50 year life span
- They will be convening another meeting in about two weeks with the clubs and contractor to discuss the project timelines/mobilisation etc
Parks Victoria wanted to alert everyone to the fact that the wave baffles will not create a safe harbour but the project will have a significant effect on wave motion in the creek.
It appears that Parks Vic have done really well in trying to get the project completed to the available budget and have worked with contractors to develop a more cost effective way of completing the project within the design parameters. Copies of their design will be available for further discussion at the next General Meeting, Tuesday, August 2, 7.30PM.
|The Sutton Lounge / Bar was officially reopened last Friday night with music and crowds of people adding to the warmth, drinks and food served throughout the night.|
A cruising adventure has been undertaken by a number of MMYC members who'll act as crew for a boat heading to Ireland. Now in Sydney, it was time for the first crew change.
SUTTON LOUNGE GRAND OPENING
SUTTON LOUNGE GRAND OPENING
FRIDAY JUNE 24 – 6.00PM UNTIL 9.00PM
Hi all. With the Sutton Lounge refurbishment now complete it’s time for us all to get together for a chat over drinks and nibbles.
This is our first trial, and if successful, the plan is to open the Sutton Lounge on the last Friday of each month.
We look forward to seeing you there. Special prices, prizes and a raffle will all be part of the fun.