The MMYC was established in 1925 and members in those days sailed their boats out of the creek into the bay. MMYC was one of the earliest clubs to be founded around the shores of Port Phillip. You can see early pictures of the club and activities displayed in the club house today.
In 1926 the original club house was built on Lambert's Island. It was rebuilt by members in 1956. Since then the building has been modernized internally a number of times however the exterior remains much the same as it was. The club shares the Island with the Mordialloc Sea scouts and both clubs enjoy the privileges of using a private island for their activities. Since early days members have been able to moor their boats in the creek along the South wall and around the island.
Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club is located on Lambert's Island in Mordialloc creek between the Nepean Highway bridge and the creek entrance to Port Phillip. Access is via a footbridge from the car park of the Bridge hotel. The Club has approximately 200 members ranging in age from mid-twenties to retirees.
The main club room is used for meetings and dinner dances for up to 100 people. It has a cosy atmosphere, an open fireplace and an adjoining kitchen.
The lounge is a carpeted area equipped with fridges, sink, stove and BYO bar. It is suitable for about 40 people.
The committee room includes facilities for small meetings, the Secretary's office and Commodore's Locker.
The library is located adjacent to the main room and contains a number of interesting books and magazines of a maritime nature.
The Club is surrounded by an expanse of green lawns and shady trees with scattered tables and chairs. This area and the three under cover gas BBQ's are frequently used by families for pleasant meals after a day of boating.
(see slipway page).
(see mooring page).